Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Caster Sugar – 1 tblsp
Egg – 1, lightly beaten
Milk – 3/4 cup
Butter – 2 tblsp, melted
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix in the sugar.
3. Make a well in the centre and break the egg into it.
4. Add the milk and melted butter into the well and work the flour in briskly from all sides to make a thick batter.
5. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
6. Mix the batter gently.
7. Heat a non-stick pan over moderate heat and add just enough oil to coat the pan and heat through.
8. Pour in a ladle of batter and spread it to make a round pancake.
9. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes until the base is golden brown.
10. Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
11. Place any filling (jam/white sauce/honey) along one side of the pancake and roll it.