Chicken Breasts – 4, small
Gouda Cheese – 1/2 cup, smoked
Red Chillies – 1 tblsp, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – as required
Onion – 1, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C.
2. Combine the cheese, red chillies, onion in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Make horizontal slits along the thin side of the chicken breasts almost all the way so they can spread like an open book.
4. Sprinkle the breasts with a bit of salt and pepper and divide the cheese filling among the chicken pieces, placing each filling at the centre of the breast.
5. Close the breasts and press the edged firmly to seal.
6. Sprinkle some more salt and pepper and chillies on top.
7. Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat.
8. Add the chicken and cook until browned on one side, for about two minutes.
9. Turn the chicken over and transfer the skillet to the oven.
10. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre, for about 15 minutes.
11. Serve hot.