Full Cream Milk – 5 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – a few strands, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
Black grapes – 10
Green grapes – 10
Pistachios – 15
Apples – 3
Oranges – 3
1. Pour the milk in a thick bottomed pan, simmer till reduced to half the amount.
2. Add the sugar and cook till it dissolves in the milk.
3. Boil till a semi-solid mass remains.
4. Add the prepared saffron, grapes and pistachios. Keep aside.
5. Slice off the tops of the apples, remove the core and carefully scoop out the inside portion of the fruit. Keep the shell intact.
6. Cut the top of the orange and remove all the pulp.
7. Only the orange shell should remain.
8. Fill the orange and apple cups with the milk mixture.
9. Chill the stuffed fruits in an earthen pot filled with ice for 1 hour or till it sets.
10. Cut the slices and serve.