Water – 1/2 cup
Coconut Cream – 1/2 cup
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp, ground
Sugar – 1 tsp
Cucumber – 1 large, cut into small pieces
Red Pepper – 1 large, cut into small pieces
Salted Peanuts – 1/2 cup, crushed
Vegetable Oil – 4 tblsp
Dried Red Chillies – 2
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
Garlic – 4 cloves, crushed
Salt as per taste
Whole Salted Peanuts – few, to garnish
1. Bring the water to the boil in a heavy pan and add the creamed coconut, turmeric, sugar and salt.
2. Simmer until the coconut dissolves and the mixture becomes a smooth, thick sauce.
3. Add the cucumber, red pepper and crushed peanuts and simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof serving dish and keep hot.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the chillies and cumin with the mustard seeds until they start to pop.
5. Reduce the heat, add the curry leaves and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Pour over the cucumber mixture and stir well.
7. Garnish with whole peanuts and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !