Banana Stem – 1 piece, 12 inches length
Par boiled rice – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 3 flakes, crushed
Oil for frying
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Salt as required
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chillies – broken
1. Cut banana stem into rounds and remove the fibre.
2. Cut into thin long pieces and soak in water to which little whipped curd is added. This is to ensure it retains its colour.
3. Dry roast par boiled rice carefully in medium flame till it puffs up and golden yellow in colour.
4. Powder into coarse rawa consistency.
5. Heat oil in kadai, add seasonings, crushed garlic and then banana stem.
6. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
7. Add little water, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and close with lid.
8. When the vegetable is 3/4th cooked and still moist, add powdered rice and close with lid.
9. Cook properly till rice rawa becomes soft and moisture is aborbed.
Note: When adding rice rawa, there should be little water in the kadai. Otherwise add little and then close the lid.