Raw rice noodles – 60 gms
Tofu or Paneer – 1 cup, cut into strips
Oil for deep frying
For the sauce
Garlic cloves – 2, chopped
Onion – 1, sliced
Soya sauce – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 4 tblsp
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Vegetable stock – 1/2 cup
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt – to taste
1. Heat the oil and deep fry the raw noodles till golden. Drain and keep aside.
2. Deep fry the tofu/paneer till crisp. Drain and keep aside.
3. For the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and onion and saute till brown.
4. Add the soya sauce, sugar, lemon juice, stock and salt and stir till the mixture begins to caramelise.
5. Add the fried tofu, chilli powder and mix well.
6. Pour the fried noodles, just before serving.
7. Serve garnished with the red cabbage, bean sprouts and spring onion and cauliflower and top with the red chilli.