Tuna steaks – 1/2 kg to 1 kg
Orange – 1 cup
Grapefruit – 1 cup
Lime juice – 1/4 cup
Dry sherry – 1/2 cup
Dried thyme – 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp
Paprika – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
1. Take the fruit juices, sherry and lime juice in a bowl and blend them.
2. Add thyme, cayenne pepper and salt to it and pour the mixture in a shallow baking dish.
3. Add tuna and allow the fish to marinate for about 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Pre-heat the grill to maximum temperature.
5. Take out the fish from the refrigerator and allow it to come down to normal temperature.
6. Remove from fish from the marinade and place it on the grill.
7. Sprinkle some paprika and grill it for 10-12 minutes, turning at least once in between.
The secret to grilling tuna steaks is to abstain from overcooking. To get the real taste, make the grill as hot as you can and then grill the fish for just a few minutes, so that the surface is seared and the inside is nice and warm.