Green raw mango – 1 or 2 (medium sized and cut into small cubes)
Fish – 250 gms (cleaned)
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – a small bunch
Ginger – 1 1/2 inch piece
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp
Garlic cloves – 3
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Shell onions – 2
Green chillies – 1 or 2
Salt as per taste
1. Cut the fish into medium sized pieces. Clean them properly. Keep aside.
2. Make a fine smooth paste by grinding ginger, red chilli powder, garlic, turmeric powder, grated coconut and onions together.
3. Take the ground mixture in a pan. Put the mango pieces, green chillies, curry leaves and fish pieces in it. Add a tablespoon of oil and enough water so as to dip the pieces. Cook on low flame. Stir lightly at times or just shake the pan. This is done to prevent the breaking of the fish pieces.
4. Once the pieces are almost done, raise the flame. Cook till you find the curry thickenening.
5. Combine the leftover oil with the curry. Cook for a few minutes and remove from flame.
6. Serve hot with rice.