Sandwiches can become boring! But what if you can add a twist that makes it hearty as well as juicy and spicy. Presenting to you – Spicy Mayo and Paneer Sandwich that is not just spicy, but filling as well.
Mayonnaise or Mayo as it is commonly called, is extremely versatile. Using it as a base, throw in some super cool ingredients and voila you get a really snazzy dip and sauce. Add a couple of spoons of this to your vegetable mix, pasta or salad to dazzle your taste buds.
In this Spicy Mayo and Paneer Sandwich recipe, we make a super simple, yet highly aromatic and tasty Mayo sauce spread that will be topped with mixed vegetables and garnished with a generous amount of cheese gratings. The whole thing is then grilled or pan fried with some butter, to get that perfect golden, crunchy crust that oozes melted cheese and mayo.
Makes for a perfect holiday lunch with the kids.
Spicy Mayo and Paneer Sandwich
Ingredients for Spicy Mayo and Paneer Sandwich
- 10 slices Whole grain bread
- 1/2 Cup Plain Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 200 g Paneer Cubed/ crumbled
- 1/2 Capsicum Medium sized, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Corn
- 1/4 Cup Onions
- Coriander leaves handful & chopped finely
- Mint leaves handful & chopped finely
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheese
- Butter as required
How to make Spicy Mayo and Paneer Sandwich
- To a bowl, add the red chilli powder, black salt, sugar, oregano, cinnamon powder and thinly sliced ginger. Mix them thoroughly to prepare a spicy masala.
- Take the mayo in a cup, add crushed garlic, pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Take another large bowl, combine the paneer cubes/crumbled, chopped capsicum, tomatoes, sweet corn, onions, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, spicy masala. Mix them all together. Sandwich stuffing is ready. Set this aside.
- Take a bread slice, apply the mayonnaise on one side and add 2 spoons of the prepared stuffing mixture. Top it with some grated cheese and cover it with another slice that also has the mayo coating.
- Heat a grill/tawa on medium flame. Apply a bit of butter on top of the sandwich.
- Grill or pan toast it on both sides for 1-2 minutes until it starts turning light brown and crisp.
- Remove from flame and cut it diagonally.
- Serve hot with ketchup or fries or a side of roasted vegetables.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !