Moong dal – 1/2 cup
Onions – 1/2 cup, sliced
Ginger – 1 1/2 cup, grated
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Mint – 1/4 cup, chopped
Chaat masala – 2 tbsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for grilling
1. Fry moong dal in 1 tbsp oil till it turns pink in colour.
2. After cooling the dal, grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in another pan and saute the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies till the onions turn translucent.
4. Combine the powdered dal, chaat masala, mint, garam masala and salt and mix well.
5. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape them into kebabs on metal skewers that are about 4 inch long.
6. Brush a little oil on each piece.
7. Grill over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are lightly browned.
8. Serve hot with green chutney and onion rings.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !