Burritos are a popular Mexican fast food making it an easy to make lunch or dinner dish. Recipe inspired by Vegetarian Times magazine.
Zucchini – 1, large, chopped
Oil – 1 1/4 tblsp
Onion – 2 cups, sliced (about 2 to 3 medium ones)
Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves, minced
Sweet Corn Kernels – 2 cups
Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) – 2/3 cup, cooked
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Gouda (or Cheddar) Cheese – 1 1/4 cup, shredded
Tortillas – 6 to 8
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the zucchini and onions for 10 to 15 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
3. Add the sweet corn, black beans, green chillies, garlic and stir well.
4. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the coriander leaves.
6. Add half of the cheese and sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
7. Mix well.
8. Switch off the flame.
9. Warm the tortillas and place them on a flat surface.
10. Divide the zucchini mixture among the tortillas.
11. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and roll them up tightly.
12. Serve with lime wedges and dipping sauce of choice (optional).
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !