Oats – 4 cups (uncooked)
Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Buttermilk – 4 cups
Eggs – 4 (beaten)
Melted Butter or Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla – 2 tsp
1. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Mix well.
2. Separately in a smaller bowl combine the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter or oil and the vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients from the smaller bowl into the large bowl to mix with the dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly to blend.
4. Now let the mixture stand for about 30-45 minutes. The batter will thicken . If the batter is too thick, add a little milk.
5. Heat a pan and pour a small portion of the batter onto the pan to make your pancake. Spread some butter or oil on the sides. Cook one side for about 30 seconds or so and then turn. Cook until both sides are light golden brown.
Serve hot with honey or add sliced bananas.