A simple lunch or dinner dish, the capsicum and mango rice is easy to make and is delicious.
Capsicums – 1 cup, chopped
Green Mango – 1/2 cup, grated
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Coriander Leaves – little
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – 1/4 tsp, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, finely chopped
1. Heat 2 tblsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry all the tempering ingredients for a minute or two.
3. Add the grated mangoes and cook for a minute.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder and stir well.
5. Add the capsicums and stir to mix.
6. After a minute add the cooked rice and mix well.
7. Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.