Jam Tarts are simple, easy to make and delicious treats for kids, especially during holidays and festive season.
Butter – 225 gms, unsalted
Maida (Plain Flour) – 500 gms
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Cold Water – 1 cup
Jam as required, any flavour
12 hole Muffin tin – greased with butter
1. Mix the maida and salt in a bowl.
2. Rub well until it resembles crumbs.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
4. Gradually add the remaining water and mix well until the dough it sticky.
5. Cover it with clingfilm and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Transfer the dough to a flat surface sprinkled with some flour.
7. Roll out the dough until 1/2cm thick.
8. Using a pasty cutter, cut out circles that are a little bigger than the muffin tin holes.
9. Press them gently into each hole and spoon over some jam into each.
10. Place the muffin tin into a preheated oven at 180C and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove and cool.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !