Chicken Breasts – 2, boneless, cubed
Onions – 2, 1 sliced or cubed, 1 chopped
Tomatoes – 2, medium, cubed or sliced
Capsicum – 1, cubed
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Garlic – 3 cloves
Thick Cream – 3 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful
Plain Yogurt – 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Gram Flour – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 3 to 4
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Bay Leaf – 1
Green Cardamoms – 2
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Butter as required
Wooken Skewers – 6 to 10, soaked in water
1. Grind the ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves with little water to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl.
3. Add the ground paste, yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
4. Mix well until the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
5. Cover and keep it in the fridge for 45 to 90 minutes.
6. Remove the bowl from the fridge.
7. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and keep it in a bowl.
8. Add gram flour to the marinade in the bowl and mix well.
9. To the wooden skewer, string one onion slice, chicken piece, tomato slice and capsicum piece.
10. Place them on a preheated grill and cook until chicken pieces are cooked or for about 5 minutes, basting them from time to time with butter (or oil). Remove and keep aside.
14. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tblsp oil.
15. Fry the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and green cardamom for 30 seconds.
16. Add the chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
17. Add the reserved marinade and cook until it starts to thicken.
18. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the skewers. Add to the pan and stir well.
19. Cook for a minute.
20. Add the cream and stir until mixed.
21. Serve hot.