Sprouted Green Gram – 1 cup
Idiyappam Batter – 2 cups
Onion – 1, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Capsicum – 1, small, chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Leaves – little
Mustard Seeds – little
Asafoetida Powder – little
Curry Leaves – little
Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Add some hot water to the idiyappam batter and mix well.
2. Add some of the dough to an idiyappam press and press onto greased plate.
3. Steam cook until done.
4. Remove and cool.
5. Crumble the idiyappams lightly.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
8. Add the onions and saute for a minute.
9. Add the tomatoes, sprouts, asafoetida powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
10. Add capsicums and pour 1/4 cup of water.
11. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
12. Switch off the flame and add the idiyappams.
13. Mix gently.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
15. Serve at once.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.