Papaya – 4 cups, ripe, cut into small pieces
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cup
Rice Flour – 2 tblsp
Ghee – 6 tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts – few
1. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts. Keep aside
2. Fry rice flour slightly and keep aside
3. Boil milk and allow it to cool
4. Add the fried rice flour to milk and keep aside.
5. Make a smooth puree of papaya.
6. Cook papaya puree in a heavy bottomed vessel for 10 minutes.
7. Add sugar, milk and cook for 10 more minutes.
8. Add ghee now and then.
9. Stir continuously until halwa leaves the sides of the vessel and become thick.
10. Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts and mix well.
11. Remove from fire and transfer it to a greased plate.
Note: Fried rice flour is used to thicken the halwa quickly.