Lemony, tasty and easy to make.
Lemon Zest – 1 1/2 tblsp, finely grated
Plain Flour – 3/4 cup
Egg – 1
Butter – 2 tblsp, unsalted, melted
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup
Lemon Rind – 1 tblsp, grated
Salt – 1/2 tsp
For the icing:
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
1. Mix the butter, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and whisk well.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add this to the egg mixture along with milk.
5. Beat well.
6. Add lemon rind and mix again.
7. Transfer to a greased loaf pan.
8. Place the pan into a preheated oven at 350F/180C.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Remove and cool.
11. To make the icing, mix the lemon juice and sugar in a bowl.
12. Pour this over the bread while it is still warm.
13. Cool and wrap tightly in a foil.
14. Keep it in a clean, dry place for 8 hours before serving