Egg Noodles – 150 gms, cooked as per packet instructions
Fish Sauce – 1 tblsp
Juice of 1 Lemon
Prawns – 150 gms, shelled, deveined
Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
Coconut Milk – 400 ml (readymade or fresh)
Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed or finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Spring Onions – 3 to 4 tblsp, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Lemongrass – 1 stalk, chopped
Coriander Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Grind together the ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves, spring onions, coriander powder, lemongrass and salt.
2. Add 100 ml coconut milk and grind to a smooth puree.
3. Transfer to a pan and place it over medium flame.
4. Simmer for a minute.
5. Add the remaining coconut milk and sugar.
6. Simmer until thickened.
7. Add the prawns and cook till the prawns turn pink.
8. Add lemon juice, fish sauce and egg noodles.
9. Stir well and cook for 30 seconds more.
10. Transfer to a serving dish.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !