1 cup fresh curds
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 tsp. grated cheese or paneer
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. cashewnuts broken
1 tbsp. peanuts husked & lightly roasted
1 tsp. khuskhus seeds soaked in 2 tbsp. milk for 1 hour
3 green chillies
1 piece ginger
1 tsp. coriander finely chopped
1 slice dayold bread white
1 tsp. sugar
3-4 glazed or canned cherries (optional)
salt to taste
1/5 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
3 tbsp. ghee or oil.
1. Grind together in a dry mixie, cashew, peanuts and bread.
2. Grind together in a wet mixie, onion, ginger, chillies, khuskhus with milk.
3. Heat fat in a heavy pan, add onion mixture, saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add curds and cook, stirring continuously till whiteness of curds disappears.
5. Add milk, bring to a boil, add sugar, salt, dry mixture, spice powder, cream.
6. Stir gently till boil resumes. Add vegetables, etc. at this stage.
7. Cook covered for few minutes till thickened.
8. Garnish with grated cheese, coriander and cherries.