Rice Flour – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Moong Dal – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the dals together till 1 whistle and remove.
2. Mash well and mix with rice flour, salt, red chilli powder, coconut and asafoetida powder.
3. Mix well.
4. Sprinkle a little water and mix well to a chapati dough like consistency..
5. Make small balls on the dough and place them on a clean, white cloth.
6. Heat oil for deep frying over medium flame.
7. Flatten the balls, like small buttons (or as desired), and deep fry till golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with ketchup.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.