Soy Sauce Chicken Wings also known as Chinese chicken wings is a delicious chicken wings recipe drizzled with liberal amount of soy sauce. The dish is simple to make yet beats many chicken recipes with its magical flavor and luscious texture.
This dish comes from the Cantonese or Guangdong cuisine of China which is among the main culinary traditions of the Chinese culture. Therefore, you will find this dish in the authentic Chinese restaurants spread across the world.
Beef, chicken, and pork constitute a majority of the Chinese dishes. It is mainly used as a snack in China but can be used as a main dish as well. The tender meat and typical chicken flavor blends perfectly with the soy sauce and both kids and adults enjoy this sumptuous meal heartily.
You can prepare the soy sauce at home as well but people mostly prefer to buy them from malls as it saves both time and effort. Spring onions, honey, ginger, and brown sugar are the main ingredients of this recipe and anyone with little or no culinary experience can cook it with ease.
Soy sauce is sweet, aromatic, tempting and sticky which forms a perfect coating over tender and juicy chicken wings and digging teeth in it is gives us a surreal experience. The nutritional goodness of chicken makes it healthy options especially for those who love to have a protein-rich diet.
You can cook this dish either in a large frying pan or in a microwave oven. You can also add garlic if you love the combination of garlic and chicken wings. Get ready to uncover the magic of chicken wings with this recipe and give a special treat to your little ones!
Soy Sauce Chicken Wings
Ingredients for Soy Sauce Chicken Wings
- 300 gms Chicken Wings
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tblsp Honey
- 1/8 cup Ginger coarsely chopped + 4 slices
- 1 Spring Onion cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Water
How to make Soy Sauce Chicken Wings
- Mix the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, salt, ginger and spring onions in a large pan.
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Gently add the chicken wings and bring to a boil again.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Allow the chicken wings to boil for 6 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remove the pan from heat and keep aside for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Remove and discard the ginger slices and spring onions.
- Serve warm.
image credit: The Hong Kong Cookery
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !