Chicken Legs – 500 gms
Refined Flour – 4 tblsp
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1 1/2 cups
For the Marinade:
Lime – 1
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Extract the lime juice.
3. Blend together all the marinade ingredients.
4. Coat the chicken with the marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
5. Make a thick paste with the flour and 4 tblsp water and set aside.
6. Place the marinated chicken in a pan with 1/2 cup water and cook over low heat until the water evaporates.
7. Coat the chicken with the flour paste and dip into breadcrumbs ensuring that the pieces are well coated.
8. Heat the oil in a kadai to smoking point and deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
9. Place on kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
10. Serve the chicken with a salad of choice.