Mozzarella Cheese – 115 gms, grated
Cheddar Cheese – 115 gms, grated
Cooked Chorizo Sausage – 225 gms, outer casing removed
or Ham – diced
Spring Onions – 4, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2 fresh, deseeded and finely chopped
Salt and Pepper as required
Flour Tortillas – 8
Vegetable Oil – for brushing lime wedges, to garnish
1. Place the cheeses, chorizo, spring onions, chillies and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix together.
2. Divide the mixture between 4 flour tortillas, then top with the remaining tortillas.
3. Brush a large, non-stick or heavy based frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
4. Add 1 quesadilla and cook, pressing it down with a spatula, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the underside is crisp and lightly browned.
5. Turn over and cook the other side until the cheese is melting.
6. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
7. Cook the remaining quesadillas individually.
8. Cut each quesadilla into quarters, arrange on a warmed serving plate and serve, garnished with lime wedges.