Eggs – 4
Water as required
For the Potato Straws:
Potatoes – 4 medium
Salt – 2 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. To make potato straws, Peel potatoes and cut into round wafer thin slices. Place several slices one on top of another and cut through into very thin strips or straws.
2. Place potato straws in a pan, just cover with water, add salt and keep for at least 1 hour.
3. In a kadai, pour oil and heat.
4. Drain water from potato straws and add some straws to the hot oil. Do not stir till potato straws reach the surface of oil.
5. Allow to become golden coloured then remove and fry more potato straws. Repeat till all are fried.
6. Spread potato straws evenly in a large frying pan.
7. Pour 8 tblsp water evenly over the potato straws and cook on low heat till water has evaporated and potato straws are soft.
8. Break 4 egggs over the potato straws keeping eggs whole.
9. Cover and cook on low heat till eggs are set.
10. Serve hot when the eggs are set.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !