Spinach – 2 bunches
Green Chillies – 2
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Onion – 2
Tomato Paste – 1/2 cup
Baby Corn – 12 pieces
Cooking Cheese – 100 gms (Cheddar)
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as required
Milk – 1/2 cup
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and chop spinach finely.
2. Heat little butter and fry slit chillies, cumin seeds and spinach leaves, till it shrinks
3. Allow to cool and grind it a smooth paste.
4. Slice onions lengthwise and fry in oil till it turns golden. Keep aside.
5. Slice babycorn into round pieces and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes. Strain water and keep aside.
6. Preheat oven for 10 minutes keeping it at 200C.
7. Apply butter to a baking dish. Put rest of the butter and then pour half of the ground spinach paste.
8. Arrange half of the fried onions on top and then half of the baby corn pieces.
9. Pour tomato paste and then sprinkle salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder on top.
10. Alternate layers once again like this. Pour milk on top, sprinkle grated cheese and bake in the oven for half an hour.
11. Serve hot.