8 prawns, shelled
1 slice cooked ham, cut into 8 pieces, each piece about 2 inches long
2 slices bread, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
Leaves of parsley
1 egg white
1 tsp cornflour
Pinch each of ajino motto and pepper
2 tbsp tomato sauce
Salt to taste
1 egg white beaten and mixed with Â¼ tsp cornflour
1. The prawns should be very big.
2. Cut the prawns lengthwise along the back and score them lengthwise and crosswise to prevent prawns from curling when frying.
3. Mix together cornflour, egg white, salt, pepper, ajino motto and sauce with prawns.
4. Set aside for 1 hour.
5. Now butter the pieces of bread and on each piece place a prawn along with some of its marinade, then a piece of ham and a sprig of parsley.
6. Brush each one with egg-white blended with cornflour.
7. Deep fry the pieces to a golden colour.
8. When frying, place the pieces inside the pan with the prawn side up.
9. Serve hot.