A popular South Indian dish with mutton, mango ginger, tomatoes and onions. Easy to make, this is best served with rice or roti.
Mutton – 400 gms, boneless, skinless, finely chopped
Sambar Onions (Shallots) – 200 gms, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 100 gms, finely chopped
Ginger – 50 gms
Mango Ginger – 50 gms, sliced
Garlic Paste – 50 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tblsp
Oil – 50 ml
Coriander Powder – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 3 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – handful
Coriander Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
1. In a pressure cooker add the mutton, ginger, garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt.
2. Stir well and pressure cook for 2 or 3 whistles.
3. Heat oil in a separate pan over medium flame.
4. Saute the curry leaves, onions, tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin seeds for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the mango ginger and saute for another minute.
6. Add the cooked mutton and stir well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Remove and serve.