1 kg boneless mutton
3 onions, ground
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3 tomatoes, pureed
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup curd
1 cup pure ghee
1. Mix mutton with curd, powdered spices, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
2. Reserve for one hour.
3. Heat 3/4 cup ghee in a pressure cooker.
4. Add onion paste. Brown. Add tomato puree. Brown.
5. Add mutton and salt as needed.
6. Add 2 cups hot water and pressure cook till done.
7. Take out meat and gravy and mix with cooked wheat, rice and pulses (Hyderabadi Khichda).
8. Blend and serve hot with ghee and lemon wedges.