500 gms mutton
115 gms double beans (papdi)
115 gms potatoes
1 large onion
10 gms ginger
5 gms garlic
10 gms coriander seeds
5 gms whole red chillies
1 inch piece of cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
30 ml oil
salt to taste
1. Clean and cut the mutton into 1 inch cubes. Peel and dice the potatoes. Wash the double beans.
2. Roast and powder coriander seeds, cumin seeds and whole red chillies.
3. Peel and grind ginger and garlic into a smooth paste. Chop the onion.
4. Put the mutton in a pan, add masala powder, ground ingredients, half the onion and salt. Cover with water and simmer until the mutton is tender.
5. Add the potatoes and double beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender and the gravy is thick.
6. Remove from fire. Add chopped coriander leaves.
7. Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining onions, cloves and cinnamon. When the onion turns brown, add the mutton curry. Stir well for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.