A simple to make and delicious South Indian pachadi variety with pomegranate seeds, green peas, banana stem and curd. Serve as an accompaniment to any meal.
Plain Curd – 2 cups
Pomegranate Seeds – 2 cups
Green Peas – 2 tblsp, boiled
Cucumber – 1 cup, finely chopped (optional)
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 3 to 4
Cashew Nuts – 10 to 12
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Garam Masala Powder – little
1. Grind together the green chillies and cashew nuts to a fine paste.
2. Add this to the curd and mix.
3. Add the pomegranate, peas, cucumber, coconut and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Fry the mustard seeds in little oil and add to the pachadi.
6. Sprinkle a bit of garam masala powder and serve at once.
Tip: Instead of cucumber, you can also use cooked vazhaithandu (banana stem).
image via youtube