Whole Pomfret – 2 kg, cleaned and prepared
Green Masala – 1 cup, fairly dry
Salt as per taste
Banana Leaf – softened over low flame, large
Oil – 1 tsp, to grease banana leaf
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Make horizontal superficial cuts piercing skin and only part of flesh.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients and rub over fish.
3. Keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180C.
5. Grease a large baking tray.
6. Lay out the banana leaf and place the whole fish on it.
7. Coat fish with green masala to about 1/8inch thickness.
8. Gently turn over and coat the other side.
9. Wrap the banana leaf around fish and secure with toothpicks.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove wrapping carefully without breaking fish.
12. Garnish with spring onions, lime wedges and tomato slices.
13. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top.
14. Serve hot.