Fish Steaks – 750 gms,
Oil – 1 tblsp
Green Masala – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Lime Wedges – to garnish
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix the marinade ingredients.
2. Rub the fish with the marinade and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a flat pan over medium heat.
4. Add the green masala.
5. Fry lightly, ensuring the green colour is retained and coconut does not turn brown and turn brown.
6. Bring to boil.
7. Lower heat, cover pan with lid and simmer.
8. Add the marinated fish aslong with all the marinade, 1 cup of water, sugar and salt.
9. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is done.
10. Add garam masala powder, turn off heat and keep covered for 2 minutes.
11. Garnish with lime wedges.
12. Serve with cooked rice.