Chicken – 400 gms, cut into medium pieces
Browned Onions – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 3 tblsp
Makhana (FoxNuts) – 1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
1. Use 1 tsp of oil and roast the foxnuts till light golden in colour.
2. Remove and keep aside.
3. Make light insertions on the chicken pieces and keep aside.
4. Heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces till light golden brown in colour.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. In the same oil add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and the spices.
7. Fry on medium heat for a further 3 to 4 minutes adding a few tsp of oil from time to time.
8. Mix in the tomato puree and one cup of water and salt to taste.
9. Cover with a lid and cook on low fire till the preparation is dry and the chicken is tender.
10. Garnish with the roasted foxnuts.