For the Crust:
Maida – 200 gms
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
White Butter – 50 gms
Salted Butter – 25 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
For the Filling:
Eggs – 2, beaten
Fresh Cream – 75 gms
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Button Mushrooms – 150 gms, cut into rounds
Spring Onions – 50 gms, cut into long strips
Oregano Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. To prepare the crust, Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon powder together.
2. Mix in the white butter and the salted butter and knead into a dough.
3. Roll out the dough into a chapatti just a little bigger than the base of the pie dish you are going to use.
4. Lay this out on the base of the pie dish.
5. Place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes and bake in an oven at 150C.
6. To prepare the filling, Heat the olive oil and fry the mushrooms for a minute.
7. Add the spring onion strips and continue to fry for another minute, adding the spices.
8. Switch off the heat and cool them to room temperature.
9. Beat the eggs with the fresh cream in a bowl and add salt to taste.
10. In the same bowl mix in the mushrooms and spring onions.
11. Pour into the half baked pie crust and return to the oven and bake till the mixture has set.
12. This should take around 10 to 12 minutes.
13. Cut into slices and serve as a starter or a snack.