Extra Long-Grained Rice (Pachai Arisi) – 1 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
Fresh Coconut – 3/4 cup, ground
Jaggery – 1 1/2 to 2 cups, grated
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash both rice and dal and soak them with the fenugreek seeds in enough water to cover for 2 hours.
2. Drain completely.
3. Grind the mix with 1 cup of water in a blender to make a smooth and thick batter.
4. Add cardamom, coconut and jaggery to the batter.
5. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Mix the batter well. Ensure it has the dosai batter consistency.
7. Place oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
8. When the oil is hot, slowly pour in a small ladle of batter.
9. When the kandarappam rises to the top turn it over.
10. Remove it from the pan after about 10 seconds.
11. It should be brown and crisp on both sides.
12. Make the remaining kandarappam in the same way and serve hot.
Latest Food Blogs
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
- 6 Health Benefits of Paneer The best and most common cheese of India, paneer was first used in the Middle East. It was introduced in the Indian Cuisine...
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kandarappam Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.