Extra Long-Grained Rice (Pachai Arisi) – 1 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
Fresh Coconut – 3/4 cup, ground
Jaggery – 1 1/2 to 2 cups, grated
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash both rice and dal and soak them with the fenugreek seeds in enough water to cover for 2 hours.
2. Drain completely.
3. Grind the mix with 1 cup of water in a blender to make a smooth and thick batter.
4. Add cardamom, coconut and jaggery to the batter.
5. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Mix the batter well. Ensure it has the dosai batter consistency.
7. Place oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
8. When the oil is hot, slowly pour in a small ladle of batter.
9. When the kandarappam rises to the top turn it over.
10. Remove it from the pan after about 10 seconds.
11. It should be brown and crisp on both sides.
12. Make the remaining kandarappam in the same way and serve hot.
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kandarappam Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.