Fish – 4, 400gm each, pomfret, fillets cut thick
For the Marinade:
Vinegar – 1/3 cup
Ginger – 1 tbsp, chopped
Garlic – 4, cloves
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Yellow Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil for basting
Onions – 2, cut into rings
Lemon – 2, cut into wedges
Chaat masala to taste
1. For the marinade, grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
2. Marinate the fish with this paste for at least 4-5 hours.
3. Wipe and oil the skewer before inserting it through the fish fillets.
4. Now roast the skewered fish in the tandoor, with the skewer standing upright (to allow drippings to fall off), for about 5 minutes.
5. Then baste with oil, cook for another 5 minutes or till done.
6. Remove the fish from the skewer.
7. Serve garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges and sprinkle with chaat masala.