Fish Caldine (Yellow Fish Curry )
Snapper fillet fish – 500 gms, marinate with salt for 15 minutes
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 3 cloves
Chopped garlic – 2 cm piece
Coconut cream – 400 ml
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Onion – 1, medium sized and finely chopped
Whole green chillies – 2 to 3
Tamarind concentrate – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Salt as per taste
1. Make a smooth paste of ground cumin, turmeric, garlic and ginger with coconut cream and keep aside.
2. Fry the sliced onions in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
3. Now add the green chillies, the coconut cream paste, tamarind and salt as per taste and simmer for few minutes.
4. Add the fish and cook until they are done.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Serve with rice, roti or bread.