A quick and delicious way to use up all those leftover idlis. This pepper idli is perfect as an after-school or evening snack.
Idlis – 4 to 5, small or medium size (if you are using Mini Idlis then use 12 to 15)
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, finely chopped (optional)
Green Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
Soy Sauce – 3 tsp
Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp (or as required)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Oil as required
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Chop the idlis into small pieces if desired.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Lightly fry the idlies for 30 to 45 seconds or until crisp on the edges.
4. Remove the idlies and add some more oil to the pan.
5. Saute the onions, tomatoes and capsicums for a minute.
6. Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, ginger garlic paste, salt, curry leaves and black pepper powder.
7. Stir well.
8. Add the idlis to the pan and mix gently.
9. Remove and serve.