Bengal Gram Dal – 200 gms
Avarakkai – 200 gms
Onions – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 6 to 8
Curry Leaves – few
Saunf – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Soak the dal in water for 1 hour.
2. Drain well and grind to a coarse paste.
3. Add some salt and mix well.
4. Finely chop the onions, avarakkai, green chillies and add to the batter.
5. Add curry leaves, saunf and mix well to a thick batter.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
7. Pinch small balls and flatten them slightly.
8. Carefully drop them in hot oil.
9. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve with mint chutney.