500 gms Mutton, cut into small pieces
250 gms Onions, grated
1 tblsp Ginger, grated
1 tblsp Garlic, grated
100 gms Tomatoes, grated
2 tblsp Coriander powder
1 tblsp Garam masala
100 gms Sour Curd
1 tsp Ground Cumin seeds
4 Green Chillies, minced
2 medium sized Potatoes, peeled and quartered
250 gms Lotus Stems or Bhein, cleaned, sliced and boiled
2 medium sized White Gourds (Tindas), scraped and quartered
few Coriander leaves
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
4 tblsp Brandy or Whisky
1. Heat 100 gms of ghee and fry onions, ginger, garlic to a golden colour.
2. Add mutton and fry to a golden colour also.
3. Add tomatoes, spices, green chillies, curd and salt.
4. Cook the contents till ghee comes on top, then put in all the vegetables and one glass of water and brandy.
5. Finish cooking when both the vegetables and mutton are done.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.