A tasty and delicious snack made with banana flower.
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Ingredients for Vazhaipoo Vadai
- 1 Cup Bengal Gram Soaked
- 1/2 Cup Vazhaipoo (Banana Flower) finely chopped, soaked in little buttermilk for 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 tsp Saunf
- Asafoetida Powder a pinch
- 2 tsp Mint Leaves
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves few
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
How to make Vazhaipoo Vadai
Coarsely grind the soaked Bengal gram.
Combine all ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
Mix well, adding a little water if required, to a thick dough.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
Make small balls and flatten them to a vada shape.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Remove and drain excess oil.
Serve hot with chutney of choice.