Dosa is one of the most popular breakfast dishes in South India. This variation is made with Bottle Gourd (Lauki/Sorakkai).
Bottle Gourd (Lauki / Sorakkai) – 250 gms, sliced
Rice – 1 to 1 1/2 cups, soaked for 4 hours
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chillies – 1
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Coriander Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
1. Drain the rice and grind to a coarse paste.
2. Add the bottle gourd pieces, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and salt.
3. Add a little water and grind to a smooth batter.
4. Add a little water and stir well to make it a semi-thick batter. It should not be too thin.
5. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
6. Apply a little oil.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread to a thin dosa.
8. Add oil around the edges and cover it with a lid.
9. Coook till crisp and done.
10. Remove and serve hot with green chutney.