Parsnips – 375 gms, peeled, chopped
Lemon – 2, small or 1, large, chopped
Zest of Lemon – 1 tsp, grated
Water – 500 ml
Sugar – 750 gms
1. Add the parnsips to a pan.
2. Add the lemon zest and chopped lemon.
3. Pour water and place the pan over medium flame.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer till the parsnips are tender.
5. Add the sugar and stir well until dissolved.
6. Bring to a boil again and remove when it starts to set.
7. Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and cover with a lid.
8. Cool and use as required.