Raw Bananas – 3
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Gram Flour – 200 gms
Maida – 100 gms
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Sunflower Oil – as required
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and peel the bananas.
2. Boil them in a pan of water with salt.
3. Drain and mash well.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add the green chillies, mashed bananas, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder and saute well for a few minutes or until the raw smell disappears.
6. Mix the gram flour and maida in a bowl. Add water and mix well without lumps.
7. Add coriander leaves to the banana mixture and shape them into balls.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
9. Dip the banana balls in the batter and fry them in hot oil till golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !