A simple and easy to make tea time or evening snack with white chickpeas. Serve with chutney or sauce.
Chickpeas (Konda Kadalai) – 1 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Mint Leaves – few
Gram Flour – 1 to 2 tblsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the chickpeas for 8 hours and drain.
2. Grind together with ginger, green chillies, saunf, peppercorns, salt and mint leaves without adding any water to a thick paste.
3. Add gram flour and mix well.
4. Shape the dough into small vadais.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry till golden brown and remove.
7. Drain excess oil.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !