Barley – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2, boiled, mashed
Gram Flour – 2 tbls
Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Ginger – a small piece, peeled, chopped
Green Chillies – 4, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few
Mint Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the barley for 8 hours and pressure cook till one whistle.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the cooked barley, ginger and green chillies.
4. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the gram flour and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Remove and then grind together in a mixie.
7. Transfer to a bowl and add the mashed potatoes.
8. Add salt, onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well.
9. Shape them into small-medium balls and flatten them on your palms.
10. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
11. Fry the prepared vadais till golden brown and remove.
12. Drain excess oil.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: Chillimix.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !