Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup, grated
Ghee – 3 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sukku Podi (Dry Ginger Powder) – 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, fried in ghee
Raisins – few, fried in ghee
1. Dissolve the jaggery in water and strain to remove any impurities.
2. Dry roast the samba rava in 1 tblsp of ghee.
3. Add the jaggery water and bring to a boil.
4. Add cardamom powder, dry ginger powder, cashewnuts and raisins.
5. Simmer for a minute or two.
6. Remove and serve.
Tip: If desired, you can add coconut milk also. Add it after step 4.
image credit: qdeliver.com