Maida – 1 1/2 cups
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1 tblsp, grated
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – 250 ml
1. Sieve the maida well and tie it up in a cloth.
2. Steam cook for 5 to 6 minutes and remove.
3. Dry roast the urad dal till golden and grind to a fine powder.
4. Coarsely powder the peppercorns and cumin seeds.
5. Combine the maida, urad dal, cumin powder, pepper powder, salt, coconut, asafoetida powder and ghee.
6. Mix well to a crumbly mixture.
7. If desired, sprinkle a little water.
8. Make small balls of the mixture and keep them on a cloth.
9. Heat oil for frying in a deep pan over medium flame.
10. Fry the prepared balls till light golden brown.
11. Remove and drain excess oil.
12. Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !