Fried Poha (or Fried Aval or Poha Chivda) is a simple, easy to make and perfect anytime snack.
Aval (Poha) – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 250 ml
Peanuts – 1/4 cup, roasted
1. Soak the poha in water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain well and squeeze dry.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the dried poha till light golden.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Add salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, roasted peanuts and curry leaves.
8. Toss to mix well.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve as a snack.